Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, May 4, 2023

ANALYSIS: Top Officials Who Pushed Aggressive COVID-19 Policies Now Try to Reframe Their Positions

By Petr Svab May 4, 2023

Some of the people most strongly associated with promoting lockdown measures during the COVID-19 pandemic have recently sought to recast their positions. Examples include Anthony Fauci, former leader of the federal COVID-19 response, teachers’ union head Randi Weingarten, and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Fauci seemed eager to shirk responsibility for the lockdowns when talking to The New York Times last week. “Show me a school that I shut down and show me a factory that I shut down. Never. I never did,” he said. It was the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that produced the lockdown recommendations, he emphasized.............“I never criticized the people who had to make the decisions one way or the other,” he said.  That doesn’t appear to be accurate.  Fauci was repeatedly cited by the media as criticizing states that diverged from federal guidance..........To Read More.....

No comments:

Post a Comment